Monday, January 12, 2009

Ripples




Had things weighing on my mind & heart this morning. Wondering how people can be so self centered, that they never stop to think of anyone's feelings but their own. We've all been guilty of it at times. But to do it continuously, as a way of life? I simply don't understand that. I can't help but think, karma is going to make sure they end up very alone. If you never "give", never put yourself out there, how can you expect someone to give it in return?

A ripple in the pond happened yesterday. A small stone dropped, that had ongoing, far reaching effects. The ripple was caused by someone being uncaring. The good news is, my husband (who it happened to) turned it around for the good. Sending positive ripples out.

He picked up the phone, out of the blue, and called his folk's house. Why? To let his dad know that he loved him. It wasn't a holiday, wasn't his birthday. Just letting him know ~ "I love and miss you, Daddy".

His dad can't hear well enough to talk on the phone, so the message had to be relayed by his sister who lives there. Coming out of the blue, as it were....she grew concerned that something was terribly wrong. She called my husband's brother. Who then called my husband to check on him.

One act of selfishness, caused ripples that made 3 siblings call one another, chat, laugh over the misunderstanding that something was drastically wrong, and tell one another they love each other. Dad was also told. Amazing how things work out.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it sad that when we do call just to say "I love you" it scares everyone so?

    PS: I'm not really lazy but I find it annoying that I have to make two extra steps now to post a comment on your blog. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Come on, it isn't that hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww sweetie... new blog...

    *hugs*

    Don't let the bastards get you down. Hold your head up ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ok, Amber. Thx. Was just impressed how a bad thing turned into a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what a terrific outcome to something that started out self-centered by someone else. Can I assume that the plan backfired on the person of ill will? Glad that he had that connection time with the sibs and dad.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. vanessa, there was no real plan of the person....just an unthoughtful teenager.

    ReplyDelete