Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome

To my new (online) home. Those of you who followed me from my old one already know a bit about me. For those who don't...read & learn.

I took some time off from blogging. Here are my excuses.

1. The holidays were going on. I mean, you start with Thanksgiving, then Christmas lands on you, and heaven help us, New Year's! How are we supposed to keep up with all of that?? I need more time to recover, dangit!

2. I have been sick. It was a head cold gone bad. Massive amounts of mucus, which strangled me day & especially night. Coughing my lungs up - but no mucus. "Is this a productive cough?" Umm...yes, it produces watery eyes, a sore throat, sore stomach, and loss of voice! My head seriously felt as if there was a water balloon in it, being filled to the point of bursting. It was not pretty. I now own stock in Vicks, Nyquil, and Tylenol. They sent me a Christmas card. No. Really.

3. The last week of December, Dark One & DQ were here with us. Some of you know, we had full custody the last 2 yrs. When we had to move back in Oct of last yr, they had to stay with their mom. (long, ugly story) So, to have kids in the house again was.....loud. But I loved it! And DQ only hit 3 trees with the golf cart......

4. Jan 2nd, was DQ's birthday. Naturally, we had to get cake, and plan things, etc.

5. That night, my adopted daughter, Dreamer, came down from Missouri to spend the weekend with us. DQ immediately pounced her, and there was nail polish, hair bows, and all sorts of things all over the living room.

6. The next day, Dreamer's bf, who lives in Texas came to meet us, get the brutal interrogation I had in store for him, and stay one night. Yes, there were 6 of us crammed in this 2 bedroom palace! LOL

7. Somewhere in this time frame, my aunt was in a wreck. She was stopped behind a car at a light, some idiot in a van rammed her from behind, causing a 3 car pile up, and totalling her little truck. She wasn't hurt, thank God.

8. Yesterday, Dark One was taken to the doc, and now has to be tested for scoliosis.

9. Ummmm, okay, I'm running out of excuses. Hope these will do.

And now, to catch up on reading all of your blogs!

Mwah!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you moved, but this means much paperwork for me. New link in feedreader, new link on sidebar. Oy, it never ends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Not nearly as much trouble as moving the site did! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new home and name, Mrs. C! So glad that you are back and settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO glad I found you ... finally! Had trouble locating your site. Anyway, I hope you are doing well and I will update my site with your new address.

    BTW, you never need excuses for writing ... or not. :)

    ReplyDelete