Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF, Git R Done



So, I woke up in a fairly decent mood. Decided to get off the compound for awhile and run some errands. Beautiful, sunny day out, upper 60s.

I drove into town, stopped at the cafe for brunch. Had a big western omelet & grits. This, of course, put me in an even better mood. Ever notice those little country cafes have the best food?? So, I enjoyed my meal, and flirted with the 2ish (?) yr old little boy at the next table who was making goo goo eyes at me. He was blonde/blue...not my type at all, but I didn't want to scar him & his first attempts at getting girls to notice him.

I left there and went to the Dollar Store. Walked in, and completely forgot what I was going there for. No idea. I walked aimlessly up and down a few aisles... nothing rang a bell. I finally grabbed a camo Git R Dun ballcap, to replace my old american flag one. (hey, when you are having a bad hair day, ballcaps are the answer)

Then, on to the bank. Needed to deposit some money, and speak to a human. This bank is so small, they do not have a website. You can't bank online. Also, they apparently only have one phone which was busy half the morning. So, I go in. Made my deposit, got a stop payment on a check that went MIA.

Back in the Montero and to the post office. I just bought a book of stamps like 2 weeks ago, and they are MIA. Probably ran off with the check! Bought a book of stamps, sent off the storage bill.

Ta-da. Missions accomplished. Heading home. Listening to my music, hair up in my new cap, windows down. A mile from home..... I get pulled over. By a highway patrol. (couple of weeks ago, my speedometer stopped working)

So, when he asked if I knew why he pulled me over, I took a stab in the dark. "Speeding?" He looked taken aback that I would offer a bullseye guess, rather than play dumb and try to weasel out of it. He cracked a grin, and said yes, then asked for license, registration & proof of insurance. As I was digging each item from their respective areas, I told him that my speedometer had stopped working, and we were taking it to get checked out on Monday. Then I laughed, and said, "I know you probably get all kinds of excuses, but feel free to hop in and I will drive you down the road aways to show you that it really doesn't work".

At this point, the ol guy was actually smiling. He said that wouldn't be neccessary, took the items & went back to his squad car. I'm texting the hub. Using not so nice words about the cop pulling me over. The cop returns, hands me my things back...... and lets me go. With only a verbal warning. My luck is never that good! I then had to text hub and retract the unkind things I had said about the trooper. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment